Wednesday, September 4, 2013

World Peace In The Brat Circle


When my Brat came home late Saturday afternoon, he looked somewhat confused. He gave me a smile. He didn't have that rough and tumbled look; no skinned knees or busted lip, no scraps or bruises like he usually does when he's been hanging out with his skater buddies.

"What's wrong?" I asked, handing him a glass of ice tea.

"Nothing," he responds, taking the tea and taking a drink of it.

"Did you and your friends have a disagreement?" I asked. He told me once that they were no longer 12; they didn't have fights, they had disagreements that usually ended up with a bloody nose or busted lip or just plain bang up.

"No we're alright, everything's fine," he said, giving me a tea kiss and heading down the hall to the bathroom.


I smiled. 'Oh wow, there's world peace with the brats today. I wonder how long it will last?' I thought as I also took a drink of ice tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment