Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Ugly Carpet



When I walked into the house I could smell an odd smell. I wasn't sure what it was.

"When do you expect him home," I heard a voice coming from down the hall.

"Not until 6 or so." I heard my Brat reply. Of course I followed the voice until I came into the small room that was used for a study and an all-purpose room. My Brat's friend looked at me with wide eyes.

"Ummm," the boy stammered.

I jerked my head toward the door.

"Bye! Got to get," he said and shimmied out the door, skirting pass me on his way out.

My brat turned around and looked at me.

"Hey Doc." He came over and gave me a big kiss. "What you think?" He asked all smiles.

As I glanced around I saw that the room was totally empty. The only thing that was still in there were the drapes that hung from the widows. The six months old carpet was replaced with a dark oak floor. Which, I had to admit was quite nicely done.

"The carpet was only six months old." I told him as I pulled him into a hug, kissing the side of his head.

"It was ugly!" He said returning the kiss I had given him.

"You and your friend did an excellent job," I said. As I held him to me, I could feel his stance change with the praise.

"It does look nice," He said with pride in his voice.

"Yes it does. Did you think about who would be cleaning this before you ripped out the carpet?" I asked.

When he didn't respond to the question I knew he hadn't.

"Since a hardwood floor has to have special care and cleaning this will give you something new to do when in trouble." I told him. My brat's head hit my shoulder with a soft thud .


"I don't care the carpet was still ugly!" he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment